On Januari 1st we released a Stable version of zeoslib 7.
The most important improvement you'll find in this version is support for the compilers Delphi2009 and newer, with their unicode strings.
Other changes in this release are
- Some new components for grouping connections (alpha status)
- Postgres event alerter component comparable with the existing Interbase/Firebird event alerter (alpha status)
- Pooled connections (alpha status)
- Real prepared statement support (always for firebird, on demand for mysql and postgres), allowing to prepare queries once and execute them multipe times with different input variables.
- New FreeTDS driver for connections to Mssql and Sybase that can replace the old dblib protocol.
- TZStoredproc got a full makeover. Now Stored procedures should work for postgres, firebird, mysql, mssql and oracle (alpha status)
- A load of bugs have been fixed.
Downloads of the new beta release can be found on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/files/Zeos%20Database%20Objects/zeosdbo-7.0.3-stable/ or our mirror download directory http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/
In case you stumble upon a bug, please report to our brand new bugtracker on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/. We're currently cleaning up the old bug tracker.
For those of you using Subversion to keep their zeoslib version up to date here are the new url's:
- svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/tags/7.0.3-stable (Fixed version of this release)
- svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/branches/7.0-patches (Contains all patches that will be in next maintenance release)
- svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/trunk (Most stable development version for 7.1)
- svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/branches/testing-7.1 (Here all changes start... Dangerous, tempting, coding fun, everybody's welcome)
The zeoslib development team
Mark, Michael and a lot of more silent testers, fixers, patchers, commentators...